Thursday, December 30, 2010

Banana Yogurt Muffins

I began my day by taking a trip to Trader Joes, which was enjoyable since the workers there always seem to be in a good mood. I was able to get all of my ingredients there, and for very good prices... AND I got to have an awkward conversation about my New Years plans with the cashier. Bonus.



Banana Yogurt Muffins
I found this recipe on this website: http://justjennrecipes.com
I followed most of it exactly, but was unable to find the yogurt she used, so I used vanilla instead, which worked out great.

These are the ingredients you will need:
2 cups all purpose flour
1 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
3 bananas, mashed
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
2 eggs
4 ounces banana yogurt
1 teaspoon vanilla
brown sugar to sprinkle


Begin by preheating the over to 350 degrees and filling a pan with liners (it makes about 18). 
I used easter themed liners to give the muffins some personality, I think they appreciated this.


Now, wisk the dry ingredients together in a large bowl. This includes the flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. 


I recommend using heart-shaped measuring spoons. It makes your food feel more loved.




Then mix the wet ingredients in a separate bowl (mashed bananas, melted butter, eggs, yogurt, vanilla). I highly recommend mashing the bananas with your own *clean* hands... I found this much easier and fun than using a fork.... and, let's face it, I'm kind of a rebel.




Now mix the bowl of wet ingredients into the dry bowl. You are then ready to fill each of your muffin liners about 3/4 of the way... like I said, when I did it, I was able to make 18. Finally, sprinkle a little bit of brown sugar on top of each one before placing it in the oven. 



Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, until wa-la (technical term)! They are finished!


Now all you need to do is find a way to present them....


....and hope that no monkeys riding elephants come to steal them before your guests arrive.



2 comments:

  1. I tasted these muffins and loved them! The banana flavor was subtle, not overwhelming, and the brown sugar topping gave them a nice crunch. The presentation of the muffins made the experience extra special!

    ReplyDelete